Jul 12, 2013

Is It safe To Run With A Cold?

What to do when you have a cold and want to keep running? I have been fighting a head cold for the last week but I did continue to run some. Apparently it is OK to exercise as long as the cold stays above the shoulders.  I ran the first two days and I actually felt better, then I went home from work early because I felt completely worn out and slept a really long time. I took a couple days off from running to play it safe after that.

Check online if you have not to read about colds and running. If you’re cold works its way into your chest don’t run. Give it time to pass or exercise lightly so it does not escalate into something worse. Even with my cold being just above the neck it did have an effect on me.
I am feeling better now and will be running in a 5K on the 20th so have gone back to some running so I am not too far out of shape. Remember that as you get older it is more difficult to keep your fitness level up as it was when young.

No comments:

Post a Comment