Jun 5, 2013

My First Races in 6 Years



So I have started running again, I’ve been back at it since December 2012. Not wanting to overdo it at first, I just started off walking, then walking and jogging till I progressed to the running only stage. I took my time as I am looking long term and wish to put off any injuries if possible.

From December till now (6/4/13) I have lost 18 pounds of useless weight and feel so much better. I am trying to eat good but still fall for the junk food now and again but overall am doing good with the diet. When I say diet I am not trying to lose weight, I am eating the same amount if not more; it’s the exercise that has burned off the extra weight.

Here in South Florida all the good races are in the cooler months and I wanted to get in at least one race before it got too hot. I found the Singer Island Half Marathon coming up on April 27 and this would probably be the last long race before summer in my area so decided to sign up.

I figured I would not be completely prepared but would use it for practice so I can get the feel for races again – also it would be the longest race I have run.

But soon after signing up decided that maybe I should try a 5K tune up race first to be better prepared for this supposed practice Half Marathon. More on that later…

No comments:

Post a Comment