Jun 21, 2013

My First Half Marathon

I finally did my Half Marathon on April 27, 2013; it was the Singer Island Half Marathon. I actually was worried I would not do it because I again had some knee problem that cropped up a few days before race day. I did not run for the three days leading up to the race to give the knee issue time to resolve itself. On race day it did not bother me at all.

Like the 5K race, I started to the rear of the group so I would be sure to start out slow. This race for me was pretty much to get a feel for the distance and get used to racing. Even though the Marathon I want to do is not until December, this race would give me some idea of what I may expect.

My time was 1:54:42, about what I expected. I told my wife and son to expect me to finish in 1:50 so estimated pretty close. Average pace was 8:45. Having to go over and back on the bridge twice slowed down a lot of people, me included. Below is a short video my son made of me at the race. Race Results
 

No comments:

Post a Comment